Wednesday, December 30, 2015

quality literature: unbroken

unbroken by laura hillenbrand is quality literature.  it turned out to not be too much about survival on the ocean as i assumed.  it also was not solely about overcoming, although it was definitely that.  the thought that stood out most to me was fear . . . how fear destroys the lives of men and nations . . . and how it can change us from who we are to a people we do not recognize.  it's something to think about in our current political climate.

and this leaves my grand total for 2015 at 27.  not 52, but not too shabby.  on to 2016!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite books. I was blown away about the agility of the human spirit against all odds. I do not know how those men could bear the unbearable. I cried the whole way through and thanked God that no one I knew ever had to go through anything like this.

    ReplyDelete