Monday, November 30, 2015
I will always remember the day in April 1917 when World War I started."
And at 18 years old, she had no clue that she would send a son off to World War II . . .
I remember the sinking of the Titanic in the North Atlantic in 1912."
In a few months, i think i was about two and a half, my mother gave me away to an aunt, my father's sister that did not have any children of her own so I was raised as an only child. I was never adopted. My father would not permit it and I had to go back and stay with my family for two weeks every year.
My aunt, or Mama as I soon started calling her, took me on a train to her home in Ohio where she lived on an oil lease. I remember all those tall derricks around the house.
When I was about four, we moved jut across the state line to Richmond, Indiana where I lived till I came to St. Petersburg, Florida in 1944."
Sunday, November 29, 2015
1. do 2+ christmas layouts from 2014. i've already done 3! check!!!
free printables from cocoa daisy. almost there!
and the not started yet ones . . .
6. 6 teacher gifts (g's in middle school now and changing classes even more!)
7. 2 pages in my ongoing journal your christmas vintage piano book
8. decorate the styrofoam trees i bought last year
9. help the boy scouts make ornaments
10. make a tassel garland (this one might not happen)
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Cocoa Daisy reveal is going on right now! These were made with my December planner add-on.