Friday, May 29, 2015

tomorrowland

 
and just like that, we're free.  aaaaaaaaaaah, summer vacation.  there was a 5th grade end of year party at the community center tonight, but g caught wind that it was a "dance" and completely vetoed the idea.  instead, he chose to celebrate by going to the movies with his mom.  i'm not complaining.  ;)

we saw tomorrowland.  i didn't exactly know what to expect, but it was nothing like what i expected.  i think it had a profound effect on both of us.  i actually had to fight back a few tears toward the end and g kept talking about it all the way home and all evening long.

"it really made you think."

this is what my boy kept saying.  i love that he is still idealistic, and i love that movies like this and being with him remind me of what it was like to be young and idealistic.  the movie ends with the message that the world needs dreamers, and there is still a bit of dreamer in all of us if we open our eyes to what could be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm off to see it with my son on Tuesday afternoon......glad to hear it *is* something I'll probably enjoy...although I have discovered a love of Marvel films, having gone to one last week with him and thinking I wouldn't like it at all....(Thor helped, I guess), so I'm learning I have to be more open-minded about films I would previously have put in the 'probably not for me' category!

    ReplyDelete