Sunday, February 23, 2014

project life: finally using those core kits

my friends and i have been swapping project life core kits over the past year.  i probably have portions of six kits.  maybe more.  i love them, but i just don't use them.  until now.  i've finally figured out the problem.  i've gotten so used to scrapping with a kit that it's hard to work without one.  doh.  i know the project life core kits are indeed kits unto themselves, but for an embellishment driven scrapper, it's just not enough.  well, a couple months ago, i joined freckled fawns embellishment kit club, oh deer me.  it's the perfect merger!  these pages were all done with the sunshine project life kit and bits from oh deer me (mostly the february kit).  yay!

i'm also pleased to note that i'm making progress in using my stamps.  i used  five stamps from the febraury kit here.  woot!  the little gold crowns above were made with embossing powder.  they actually say "he" and "she."  so cute.

once again, it worked out that i had a layout to work on next to a project life page.  i challenged myself to use the same set of products on it, the sunshine core kit and the freckled fawn february kit.

i ended up using one 3x4 card and three 4x6 cards.  major bonus as the 4x6 cards always seem harder for me to use in my project life pages.  i think i tend to fill those slots up with pictures mostly.

and now i must get back to scrapping!  i think i've gone two weeks without doing anything.  eeps!

1 comment:

  1. Your pages look great. I've got several core kits and I keep buying mini card kits too. Must stop that!! I like using up odds and ends embellishments more than those I have gotten in any PL monthly kit I've ever purchased.

    ReplyDelete