Saturday, January 11, 2014

project life: august layouts + january jbs historian

i know i said i wasn't at all concerned with being "caught up" with my 2013 project life album, and i'm not.  but i was definitely in a "get'er done" mood the other day when my jbs mercantile january kits arrived.  i got all of august done in just a couple days.  i also got all of august done, mostly just with the historian kit (designed for project life type projects).  this first spread is, in fact, entirely from the historian.  in august, i did a photo challenge with get it scrapped!, so i printed the scavenger hunt list, cut the phrases out, and taped them to their respective photos.  i kept the second side there simple as those pictures were all from a photo walk i took one evening.

this spread is also from the historian with just a little help from my washi tape stash and a sheet of black jbs label stickers.  i added the little insert pocket so i could print off the photo challenge notes from my blog and include them in the pocket for extra documentation.

a couple of the cards on the right had interior images that didn't serve my purposes for this spread.  i simply trimmed those out, backed them with different paper, then added my journaling withing the frame.  i've also done a lot of writing on the photos with my fine point sharpie.  i'm really liking that lately.

and this is the final page for august.  most of the pictures here were taken on the last day of august in a last ditch effort to finish the challenge.  impressive, no?  ha!  i didn't think i'd like the page as i didn't much like most of the photos and i was running out of the historian at this point.  i think it turned out quite fine though.  i did make the medallions from the mini-album kit, and i added the red thickers from my stash plus a sheet of jbs black banner stickers.

these little cards are my favorite part.  cuteness!

and i can't stop with the january kits or with project life!  i've just about got september done with them too!  stay tuned . . . :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm always impressed with those of you doing PL as it was meant to be done---on a weekly basis. 2013 was my first year, but I decided to go about it on a monthly basis. That worked for me and that's how I'll continue. I don't even "work outside the home" or have kids at home and I can't find the time for everything. Yet you manage to do it all! My hat's off to you! PS Love all of those cards too! And that little "architecture" tag on the photo of "G's" makeshift tent made me snort my tea!!

    ReplyDelete