Monday, January 20, 2014

one little word: dream

i've been adding pages to my 2014 one little word album all month.  one idea i've had is to highlight the holidays.  martin luther king's birthday is one deserving of respect.  a few weeks ago, i actually overheard an english teacher at my school comment that this speech was overused and students' eyes would glaze over in class when it was played.  she even alluded to her own eyes glazing over as well.  really?  really?  i was appalled.  and so very sad.  as an educator, i feel it's my job to expose my students to greatness (whether they like it or not).  our world is so much better because this man lived and died.  listen.  again and again and again.

1 comment:

  1. I love you album, what a great idea and how could you pass up a page on Martin Luther King Jnr.

    ReplyDelete