Saturday, September 21, 2013

project life: jbs mercantile september gallery updates

the jbs mercantile september gallery updates went live on the 15th.  there are lots of fabulous new projects for you to enjoy from our september kit offerings.  i created this project life spread plus insert with the september mini-album kit that leah designed.  my favorite part was her custom flair.  it's a delightfully eclectic mix and i already used five of the seven pieces on these pages.

on this page: the corn picture was taken the day before my baby left with his father for a twelve day trip to visit family in honduras.  oh.my.goodness.  twelve days without my baby.  prior to this trip, the longest had been three days.  i am proud to say we both made it through with minimal depression.  thank goodness for facetime, definitely! i also included the parking pass from when i dropped him off at the airport and the few random photos i took of my boring moments while he was gone.

on this page: i only had four cell phone pics that g's dad sent me from honduras, so i used a 6x12 insert to document g's twelve days without me.  i liked the idea of having our concurrent week and a half apart all in one place, but on separate pages.

the flip side of the insert . . .

on this page:  i added a couple pieces of a honduras map that g brought back with him. since i didn't have many photos, it helped to enhance my theme and added a nice decorative touch.

on this page:  facetime with my baby on the cracked ipad screen, the peppers i waited to pick till he got home, a couple pics of the kitties (he would always want to see them on the ipad every time we facetimed), reunited! at the airport with my baby (and i saved the return parking pass too), a movie the next day (he didn't want to see it in honduras as it was in spanish with english subtitles), and a little crochet project i started for him.

love this spread!  it is a very memorable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment