Sunday, May 27, 2012

washi vellum pocket: a mini tutorial

well.  obviously i have been in a bit of a blogging funk.  hmmm.  shake it off doris.  but now my ocd self is left with lots of loose ends.  should i play catch up?  or just start over like the funk never happened.  cut back to just scrappy shares.  hmmm.  still pondering.  but i do know i need to catch up on my may jbs mercantile kit as my june one has been begging me to play.
i loved this one.  it came together with the look i love.  i can't really describe the look, but i know it when i see it.  the doilies i cut (yes i finally used my pti dies myself!) with the big shot.  the little birdies gluestickgirl sent me.  she cut them with her sillhouette (this is my normal mode of operation. having others make cuts for me).  so many sweet enablers in this world.  :)
i love that the vellum pocket gave me lots of room for journaling.  i covered the tag front and back.  i also had fun playing with the tag before i wrote on it.  i drizzled chicken feed reinker.  used the blending tool to rub on some chewing gum ink, and stamped with this month's exclusive stamp in speckled egg ink.  the little vellum flower was also rubbed with chicken feed re-inker.
that's me and g in the bamboo there.  our silhouette's at least.  do you see us? 

and now for the micro mini-tutorial.  these little vellum pockets are so cute, easy, and super functional.  simply cut a piece of vellum to 3 x 8.5.  fold the vellum not quite in half so one end is longer than the other by about a quarter inch.  tape up the sides with washi tape.  and on this one i punched  a half circle with a 3/4 inch circle punch.  a regular sized manilla office supply tag fits perfectly inside.

2 comments: